The Idea behind WebKeyDesign:
The problem with life is that you get bored. Most webdesigners learn this very quickly, because although it is interesting to produce a neat site, you soon get tired of it and want to redo it as something else. Seeing how I wanted to both learn more about web design and not change my site every week, I decided to just do other people’s web sites. But most of my clients were new to the process of creating a new site, so I ended up having to do more than just design a site.
WebKeyDesign is a place for both my clients and people who like to blog and customize their html. If you need a simple site or perhaps are just looking for web hosting then perhaps you would be interested in becoming one of our clients. But if you just want a place to talk and learn more about html, css, blogging, or hosting, well that is okay with us too.
WebKeyDesign WordPress Theme
Where did the themes for WebKeyDesign come from?
The original theme was actually a modified version of John Wrana’s WordPress Relaxation theme. I really liked John’s color design, but I found the font too large for the individual postings, so I reverted to the original default css from WordPress for this. Some of the static pages are actually not powered through WordPress. There are of course some unique exceptions of course. One of the big changes to the theme that I did make besides the fonts, was the horizontal space. I made the theme wider in general to make room for more content.
Another theme, which I refer to as WebKeyDesign 4, is a modified version of Nest Theme by YChong. This is a much lighter and modern based theme. It also renders adequately for me on mobile Safari.
For a time I utilized Beans as a framework and built a theme around it. This is an interesting framework if you want to utilize parent themes within WordPress.
Currently I am experimenting with another framework and the current theme is a work in progress. It looks similar in color and layout to the Beans theme I created.
The main areas of our site:
- WebKeyDesign: Our main page is a weblog which discusses interesting topics having to do with website design, hosting, blogging, software, and our business.
- WebKeyDesign Forum: The forums serve to support our clients and for everyone to contribute their own comments.
WebKeyDesign Store: An online store for web designers and webmasters.
Areas of interest for clients in general:
- About: More information about WebKeyDesign.
- Contact: Our main contact page for our site.
- Services: What products and services we offer our clients.
- Hosting: Our shared web hosting packages, for clients interested in WebKeyDesign Web Hosting.
- Support: Our main Support area for our clients.
- Links: Main third party links page.
WebKeyDesign Web Hosting
Of interest for web hosting clients:
- Hosting: Our main page for web hosting, including what packages we offer.
- Sign Up For Hosting: Online form for signing up for a hosting package.
- Hosting FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about web hosting services.
- Hosting Service Agreement: Our service agreement.
- Acceptable Use Policy: Our policy regarding use of our hosting services.
- Support Login: Clients only area.
All the legal notices and agreements:
- Hosting Service Agreement: The agreement for web hosting clients.
- Acceptable Use Policy: Our main use policy for our hosting services.
Some interesting online tools that we offer:
- Bandwidth Meter: Test your broadband connection to our site.
- Easy XHTML: Online form that generates a basic XHTML template.
- Password Generator: A simple password generator, useful when you can’t come up with one.
- Whois Lookup: Utility to lookup the whois record of a domain.
More interesting content, however this info is outdated:
- Optimize WindowsXP: A simple guide for how to go about tuning WindowsXP for performance.
- Securing Wireless: Essential tips on implementing basic security measures on wireless networks.
Posts by category
- Category: Apache
- Category: Apple
- Protect Your MacBook Pro
- Lexmark E260dn Filter Error on MacOS Big Sur
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks SMB2 and Windows 2012 Essentials Server
- Safari 6 HTTPS SSL Timeouts
- Set Default Fonts in Safari 6
- iTunes Install on Windows 2003
- Waiting On Apple To Buy
- iPhone Review II
- iPhone Review
- Apple’s Big Failure
- 15-inch Powerbook RAM
- Category: Mac OS X
- Category: Safari
- Category: Audio
- Category: Book Reviews
- Category: Business
- Category: cPanel
- Category: CSS
- Category: Firefox
- Faster Internet Browsing in Windows
- Downloads Blocked By Security Zone Policy
- Qute Themes
- Mismatched Domains Warning
- Firefox 2 and IE7
- Firefox Goes Portable
- Firefox 1.5 Not So Great on OS X
- Firefox 1.5 Officially Released
- Firefox 1.5 RC1
- Switching Firefox Software Update
- Nightly Tester Tools
- Firefox 1.5 Compatible Themes
- Firefox Beta 1
- The Browser Reloaded
- Firefox Cache URI
- Deer Park As Firefox 1.6a
- Deer Park Update Option
- Firefox 1.5 – It’s Coming Soon
- Firefox Config Hacks
- Category: Google Bits
- Category: In Stock
- Category: Internet Tools
- Category: Linux
- Category: Microsoft
- Setup for Dell Latitude E5430 – Part 2
- Backup Strategy For Project Managers
- The Fix My PC Dilemma
- Linux On Virtual PC
- Category: Internet Explorer
- Category: Windows
- Category: Networking
- Error: There is no network connection right now
- pfSense 2.4.5 Package Manager Defect
- pfSense Dynamic DNS
- pfSense Home Router – Part 3
- pfSense Home Router – Part 2
- pfSense Home Router – Part 1
- Flash Streaming Video Fix
- Netgear WNR3500L Wireless Router
- EveryDNS Setup for DD-WRT
- Wireless Networking Does Not Work
- Local Port Detection
- Securing Wireless
- Upgrade Linksys Wireless
- Qwest DSL Review
- Netopia 2240N-VGx Review
- Actiontec DSL Port Forwarding
- Flushing DNS Lookups
- DSL Router & Forwarding Ports Problem
- Fixing DNS Timeouts on Windows2003
- Troubleshooting Ports on DSL
- Category: News & Trends
- Category: Opera
- Category: Out Of The Box
- Category: Project Management
- Category: Reviews
- Category: SEO
- Category: Site Design
- Category: Site Notes
- Category: Software
- Spammers Lack Quality Control
- Customize Gmail To Look Like Outlook
- AVG File Server Edition
- Free Anti-Virus Software
- Shrinking The Windows Registry
- WebDeveloper Toolbars II
- WebDeveloper Toolbars
- Browser Tools for Web Design
- Cyberduck FTP Client
- Nvu WYSIWYG
- Category: Tech Notes
- Category: Web Site Basics
- How to Transfer Your Web Site
- eCommerce Basics
- The Favicon
- Web Authoring Software
- Dealing With Aggressive Spider Bots
- Domain Auctions
- Windows Web Hosting Versus Linux
- Finding Deleted Domains
- Advice On Your New CMS
- Your First Web Site
- Browsers To Implement Security Changes
- Understanding Web Stats
- The Links Page
- Choose The Right Weblog CMS
- How Do You Build A Web Site?
- What Not To Do When Designing Your Web Site
- The Personal Web Page
- Category: WebKeyDesign
- Notes On 2006
- Accepting Google Checkout
- Theme Modifications
- WebKeyDesign Anniversity
- WordPress 2.0 Upgrade
- Web Design Computers
- Web Ruined By RSS?
- WebKeyDesign Reaches 100 Posts
- Splogger Hits WebKeyDesign
- WebKeyDesign Store
- NBA TV Shedule Design
- Whois Tool
- WebKeyDesign Forum Running IPB 2.1
- Easy XHTML Templates
- WebKeyDesign Now 768 Pixels
- Button Maker for your Blog
- Domain Registration Services
- New PowerBoard Forum
- Sitemap, Forum, Legal Stuff Added
- UrlTrends Tool
- What is PageRank?
- Favicon.ico, Logos, & Google
- Why You Still Need Support?
- Choosing a Hosting Package
- Track Your Back Links
- Welcome to WebKeyDesign
- Category: Webmastering
- Category: WordPress
- WordPress Upgrades
- Div Tags Formatting
- WordPress Internal Errors
- WordPress Titles
- Worst Spammers
- WP-Shortstat Broken With WordPress 2.0.1
- Installing WP-Cache on WordPress
- WordPress 2.0 & Shortstat Plugin
- Use PHP To Display Elements
- Custom Shortstat Plugin
- Speeding Up WordPress
- Redirect Your index.rdf
- Essential WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Quicktags Buttons Broken
- CodeHighlight Plugin for Posting Code
- Category: XHTML